Retreat Day 1 - June 18th Saturday
We will leave Rome together by noon of June 18th. Transportation will be provided.
Transport from Rome
10:45 am: Retreat participants congregate in the Rome City Center at the Fontana Sarcofago in Piazza Del Popolo and Rome Fiumicino Airport
11am: Groups depart from
- Rome City Center
- Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Arrive by 12.30 to the UNESCO World Heritage Nature Reserve at an organic farm and restaurant, Ristorante Parco dei Cimini, where we will have lunch starting at 13.00 and our first program intro and dialogues.
- 14.30-16.00: Walk & sessions.
- Driving through lush landscapes of Italy towards Assisi having dialogs and hearing stories about Assisi.
- 18:00: Visit the historic Santa Maria degli Angeli, the cathedral built around the site where St Francis of Assisi did his main practice and teaching in the 12th century. Visit includes access to the Chapel of San Francesco. Prayer sessions as desired.
- 18:45: Proceed to the Grand Hotel Assisi to check in and refresh.
Day 2 - June 19th Sunday
Morning & Afternoon sessions
- 7:00-9:00: Breakfast
- 8:30: Leave for morning program.
- Our morning program is visiting the breathtakingly beautiful city of Assisi, the Basilica of Assisi and its adjacent 70 hectare forest. Deep dialogs and calm walks in an ancient city and luxurious natural environment.
- 9:15: Walk to the stunning Basilica of Assisi via the gates of Assisi. Option to participate in a guided tour, or enjoy a private prayer session.
- 9:45: Convene in the ‘Il Sacro Convento’ for a special gathering inside the Basilica.
- 11:00: Gather at the gate of the Bosco di San Francesco to walk and dialog through beautiful landscapes and nature towards the 'Molino'.
- 12:30: Buffett hotel lunch, Grand Hotel Assisi.
- 13:30: Interfaith service, on terrace overlooking Assisi.
Afternoon practices + dialogues.
- Where and how shall we lead?
- How can we individually, and together offer the world inspiration and concrete solutions that demonstrate that another economy, another world is possible?
- How do we redefine business success by demonstrating that it can be integrated with the regeneration of people, societies and nature?
- And how do we sustain and evolve ourselves and our teams amidst ever increasing speed and complexity?
- How do we turn our day-to-day leadership into an intentional path to develop our own potential as well as that of our organizations?
- 14.30 - 16.00 Session 1
- 16.00 - 16.30 Break Coffee & snacks
- 16.30 - 18.00 Session 2
Day 3 - June 20th Monday
Transport will be provided to Rome Termini station and/or Rome Fiumicino Airport departing from Assisi from 13:00 and after, for participants that are with us at the end of our program. (Please note that Assisi to Termini station is approx a 3.5 hour journey).
If you need to leave Assisi before the end of our program you can book a direct transfer with the hotel or book a train ticket from Assisi station to Rome Termini station HERE.